Position performs scheduled preventative maintenance and necessary repairs to trucks (light and heavy), construction equipment (skid steer, paver, roller, etc.). Experience with Case, Bobcat, Kubota, Ingersol, Leeboy & Bomag helpful, transmissions, clutches, rear ends, electrical systems, and all other assemblies. Position works with a high degree of independence. This position requires that you have your own tools. The position also requires a number of physical movements including lifting, pinching, bending, reaching, climbing, and manipulating and handling objects.
PRIMARY JOB ACCOUNTABILITY
- Diagnose failures of vehicles and heavy equipment repair and reassemble parts as necessary
- Perform preventative maintenance on vehicles & heavy equipment
- Answer road calls
- Maintain vehicle records as required
- Maintain and repair fleet equipment
- Fill out all necessary documents
- Maintain records such as daily checklist (pre-trip inspection)
- Regular, reliable, predictable attendance
- 21 years or older with CDL (preferred but not required) — Valid DL is a MUST
- Weekend hours if necessary
- Mechanical knowledge of gas and diesel repair
- Experience with hydraulic and air brake systems
- Knowledge of internal combustible engines
- Adhere to DOT Regulations
- Must have experience operating Paving Machine, Roller, Skid or experienced Lute-man.
- Perform all duties assigned by the Construction Supervisor or Foreman.
- Learn other specialized skills as required by the Construction Foreman.
- Must be dependable and able to work some nights and weekends and occasional out of town work.
- Follow instructions to ensure the safety of the entire team.
- Test equipment and machinery to ensure it is in good working order.
- Clean up job site at end of the day and ensure all equipment is properly secure for the night.
- Valid Driver’s License a plus.
- Flat-work (sidewalks, drives, paths etc… ) curb and gutter, ADA, form setting, all aspects of concrete placement.
- Curb and Sidewalk finishing.
- Finish concrete surfaces.
- Inspect completed work to ensure proper installation.
- Build construction forms or molds.
- Break up rock, asphalt, or concrete.
- Willing to learn and perform tasks outside of forming and finishing concrete.
- Must work safely.
Job duties will include hauling material for project sites, excavation away from work sites, and some small equipment. Must be able to load, haul and unload heavy equipment safely and efficiently…
Work may also require occasional labor and or equipment operating when needed to get a job done.
- Must perform all job duties in accordance with our safety policies and procedures
- Operate a delivery vehicle to/from construction sites
- Unload and stock building materials on job sites as directed
- Inspects assigned vehicle prior to operation on a daily basis and reports any issues to supervisor
- Attends all staff meetings, training, and educational classes as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Maintains truck logs or time recordings as required by the state, federal, and company policies and regulations.
- 3 years dump truck driving experience, preferably in construction.
- Pulling a dump trailer or any other kind of trailer with a dump truck
- Clean drug test
- Running locally and occasional out of town
- Can work nights and or weekends
- A current, insurable Florida Class A CDL
- Valid Medical Card
- Take new sales calls
- Make the appointment with the customer.
- Take measurements of the job site.
- Write up an estimate, propose and sell to the customer.
- Set follow-up appointments to keep customers aware of the latest developments
- Reach agreed upon sales targets by the deadline.
- Previous experience in sales, or other related fields.
- Familiarity with Google Drive a plus
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Strong negotiation skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Ongoing training
- Provide solid leads
- Company Cell Phone
- Car, oil change, tire and gas allowance
- Desktop Computer and Laptop
- Starting Base Salary plus commission with the potential to earn a six-digit annual salary